Friday, December 13, 2013

Yesterday was Poinsettia day, and we happen to have a few in our office to bring in the holiday spirit! On our Facebook Page yesterday we had a trivia question to see how many poinsettias you thought were in our office. We have five poinsettias in our office, and Raychel captured one of them here.
Contrary to popular belief, poinsettias are not poisonous, though we wouldn't recommend eating them (the leaves have an awful taste). A study at Ohio State University showed that a 50 pound child would have to eat more than 500 leaves to have any harmful effect. You might want to keep them out of reach from your pets, because eating the leaves can cause them to experience vomiting and diarrhea.

For more interesting facts and information on how help your poinsettias last longer, visit the Poinsettia Pages from the University of Illinois Extension.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to see your smile, so share or ask something that will make others smile!